Friday, January 05, 2007

Contemplation

Well it's been a while since I've posted anything over here. Life has been a terrible mess last month due to the freaking mid-term exams. Although these exams don't carry much importance, it does for my parents. But after breaking my head studying, I cannot digest the fact that my Macroeconomics exam went bad.

As the New Year was approaching, I was pushed into a world of my own, "thoughts" to be precise. This deep thinking has lead me to strange questions .... questions that can be only answered by an enlightened soul. The main theme of my thoughts is about the purpose of life. For e.g. is this reality what we are living? Is it really our past karma that is making us suffer today or is it the sins/bad deeds committed at this very birth that is the cause? Is life all about studying, then working (sucking up to bosses)/starting a business (let others suck up to you), making money and then die. One of my doubts is why do we run behind something (say money) when we know that when we die we do not take it. Another example could be bodily desires. Many people throws loads of make-up on their face to look good/attract others.... some indulge in sexual pleasure.... Even "Plastic Surgery" for those who look good!!?? Now the thought arises as to why we allow ourselves into such activities? .... When one dies, he/she does not even take the body. It is either buried (which later on decomposes) or cremated. Why don't many of us understand how to discriminate between "good and bad" & "permanent and temporary"? Is it our educational system that has moulded our brains to think in such a way? If what I'm living is not reality, then what is? This is where I seek the enlightened soul.

Apart from all these queries, New Years went peaceful. Although most of it was spent deep in contemplation, I did have a good time. Regarding what I tend to achieve this year... let's just hope for the best.

"Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish." - Ovid

"Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it's not the end."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home